In this article we are looking at what features the much anticipated iPhone 5 could have when it is released. Please leave your thoughts or “wishlist” in the comments section below!
Since the iPhone 4S wasn’t a massive change compared to the previous iPhone model, there’s a lot of speculation as to what the next iPhone (rumoured to be named the iPhone 5) will be like. Of course nobody actually knows what the new iPhone will have, but it’s safe to say that we can expect to see lots of new cool features. The great thing about Apple products is that they are very secretive, which makes people come up with all sorts of crazy rumours! Most of these rumours turn out to be fake, but sometimes they are actually true. Here are just some of the things that some people are expecting from the next Apple iPhone:
- Better Battery Life – There has been a lot of talk about whether Apple is actually able to increase the battery life of iPhones once again. Since Apple started producing the iPhone, they’ve increased the battery life each and every time that they released an iPhone. This is the main reason why people are expecting it again. However, it’s hard to believe this considering that more and more features are being added to the iPhone each year which consume a lot of battery as well as Apple not wanting to make the iPhone any heavier or thicker!
- Larger Screen – At the moment, the iPhone has a 3.5” screen which many people are perfectly happy with. However, since a lot of newer smartphones have a larger screen (mostly 4.3”) a lot of rumours have started saying that Apple is planning on doing the same. It’s hard to know whether Apple will follow the market, since Apple are usually the ones who make other companies copy them.
- Brand New Design – Pretty much everyone thinks that Apple will design the next iPhone from scratch without using any of the same designs that they’ve used on past iPhones. This is probably one of the more likely things to expect from the new iPhone since the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S were like twins, although they were completely different on the inside.
- Memory Card Slot – Will Apple finally give in and add a memory card slot to the next iPhone model? Most people don’t think that Apple will even think about this one, but who knows? The reason why so many people believe that Apple won’t do this is because it’ll result in much lower revenue for them since they charge much more money for a 64GB model compared to a 32GB version even though an extra 32GB of memory doesn’t cost that much extra. Since memory cards are very cheap, this could make more people buy iPhones though since they’ll be able to store much more data without spending a fortune.
- Better Processor – One can only expect Apple to build their next iPhone with an even better processor that that the iPhone 4S has. The iPhone 4 had an A4 processor while the 4S has an A5 processor, so surely it’s not a crazy idea to assume that the next iPhone model will have an A6 processor? Hopefully Apple agrees with this so that people will be able to browse online and do any task on their iPhone even faster than before. If Apple does go ahead with this, it’ll easily make the iPhone the best smartphone on the market at the moment.
- 4G – So many people are expecting Apple to add 4G capabilities to the next iPhone model that there will be a lot of unhappy people if they decide not to add it! In simple terms, 4G will allow iPhone users to go on the internet with much better download speeds than before compared to 3G. Since there are some smartphones that already offer 4G internet speeds, it could be a very bad move for Apple if they stick with 3G.
Submit your review
I will be waiting for the "iPhone 5S" 🙂
- 4 inch screen
- quad core processor
- 8MB camera (front and back)
Longer battery life is top of my wishlist!
I would like to see solar panels to charge / boost battery life on iPhone 5.
Apparently, Apple has a patent for this.
I would like to see iWallet / iPayments… along the lines of easy payments – use the phone at the supermarket checkout, or vending machines etc etc, probably won’t happen though because too many middle men would want their cut.
I would settle for more speed and a bigger screen.